Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. – Major League Baseball player David Ortiz underwent a third surgery at Mass General Hospital in Boston.
His wife Tiffany Ortiz informed through her social network that earlier this week Ortiz, who received a bullet impact on June 9, underwent surgery after complications.
“The operation was performed by Dr. David King at the Massachusetts General Hospital. David is recovering well and is in a good mood, “he said.
He also said he appreciates the kindness and compassion shown to David and the entire family during this difficult time.
On Sunday, June 9, Ortiz was shot and wounded while sharing at the Dial Bar and Lounge in Santo Domingo Este.
After the incident, the Boston Red Sox ex-baseball player was transferred to the Abel Gonzalez Clinic in the National District, where he underwent surgery and removed part of the intestines and gallbladder.
He was then sent by ambulance to Mass General Hospital, where he underwent exploratory surgery and stayed for several days in the intensive care unit until June 22.
For the assault, 14 were arrested, all with coercive measures consisting of one year of preventive detention: Víctor Hugo Gómez and Junior César La Hoz Vargas, Alberto Rodríguez Mota and Rolfi Ferreira Cruz or Ramón Martínez Pérez (Rolfi), designated as the he made the shot.
Also under arrest are Oliver Moisés Mirabal, Eddy Vladimir Féliz García (El Nata), Joel Rodríguez de la Cruz (Squidward), Porfirio Ayendi Dechamps Vásquez (Nene), Reynaldo Rodríguez Valenzuela, Gabriel Alexander Pérez Vizcaíno, Lanny Estefanny Pérez Reyes, José Eduardo Ciprián (Chuki) and Carlos Rafael Álvarez (Carlos Nike) and Franklin Yunior Merán, (Rubirosa).